Please support this very important campaign by making a donation. Please give whatever you can, every penny will be put to good use to help the animals caged in a nightmare world.Donate now
We’d love to see you getting involved and lobbying for changes to animal welfare legislation or contacting companies to voice your concern regarding their policy.
Here is how you can do it...
a. Show you support a ban on animal experiments for household products in Britain and throughout the EU by using your purchasing power - only buy household products from cruelty-free companies that have been thoroughly researched by Naturewatch – don’t forget, we are the only organisation that takes into consideration the policy of the parent company, if there is one.
b. Boycott multinational companies that continue to test on animals outside the EU for cosmetic and toiletry purposes. Although the EU Cosmetics Testing Ban is in force, we now need to send a clear message that we won’t rest until animal testing for cosmetic and toiletry products is relegated to the dustbin of history throughout the world!
3) Please donate, whatever you can afford, to support this vital campaign. We are now at a crucial stage – we must step up the pressure to ensure progress continues to be made to help animals caught up in the nightmare world of animal experiments.
Lobbying industry - As a consumer, you have more power than you think! Most companies do care about how the public perceive them and, not least, where you as potential customers spend your money.
- Boycott The Body Shop - Use your purchasing power to send a strong message to The Body Shop and L'Oréal
- Write to The Body Shop - Click here for a sample email/letter you can send to The Body Shop. Contact detail can be found on company website.
- Write to cosmetic / personal care companies to request their animal testing policy. Click here for a template letter.
- Write to household cleaning companies to request their animal testing policy. Click here for a template letter.
- Write to companies that you know don’t have an animal testing policy in place to express your disappointment, and encourage them to implement a Fixed Cut-Off Date policy. Click here for a template letter.
Help us raise the status of animals on World Animal Day...
- Register on the new World Animal Day website
- Make a pledge - tell us how you'll be helping on October 4th!
- Print a World Animal Day hashtag sign (with or without a pledge), then take a creative selfie with it. Email it to us at email@example.com for publication on social media!
- Create an event - you'll find ideas and tips on the World Animal Day 'resources' page.
- Let us know how it goes - don't forget to upload your photos!