Be a hero for the animals. Join our team!
CAMPAIGNING AND LOBBYING MANAGER
Full-time, permanent position
SALARY: £21,000 to £25,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
CLOSING DATE: 3rd May 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Naturewatch Foundation to lead and shape compelling campaigns to improve the lives of animals.
Ideal for a confident, motivated and ambitious individual with a proven track record for delivering effective campaigns. You will have proven experience of using policy, research, lobbying and public campaigning to influence the public, government and industry. An interest in animals and enthusiasm for improving their lives would be an advantage.
- Experience in campaigning, lobbying and project managing, with a proven successful track record
- Good communication skills, able to comfortably liaise with a wide range of people from supporters, government officials and other key influencers
- Experience in using a range of different communication channels for promotion of campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in tailoring messages for different audiences
- Experience in researching and writing evidence-based reports
- Ready to handle sensitive, sometimes distressing information regarding animal welfare
- Ability to plan, prioritise, work under pressure and to deadlines
- Willing and able to manage volunteers to support your work
- Hard working, motivated and with a can-do attitude
- Happy to travel to our office in central Cheltenham, plus willingness to attend meetings elsewhere as necessary
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Commitment to the objectives of the charity
- Experience with using social media platforms and creating content
- Fundraising experience
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining your relevant experience and skills and stating why you would like the position.
Please note, only applicants who submit a CV with a covering letter will be considered.
Cheltenham is known as the gateway to the Cotswolds - an area of outstanding natural beauty. The Regency spa town is renowned for its shopping, theatre, festivals of Jazz, Music, Science and Literature, with stylish places to eat, drink and stay. The town also benefits from excellent transport links by rail and road.