Join our team - Marketing and Website Coordinator
Full-time, permanent position – 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Office based in Cheltenham, although initially with some working from home as per government advice
Salary: Circa £25K, depending upon experience
Closing date: Sunday 17 January, 2021 (although we might interview candidates that are a strong match before the closing date)
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Naturewatch Foundation to play a key role in raising public awareness of the charity’s campaigns to improve the lives of animals.
Summary of the role
- Coordinate and deliver the charity’s marketing strategy, maintenance of website content and data management.
- Working closely with the CEO, Communications Coordinator and other team members, raise the profile of Naturewatch Foundation and its animal welfare work using a full range of digital and traditional marketing techniques to grow reach and increase supporter engagement.
- Good knowledge of issues surrounding animal welfare and experience of working in the charity/voluntary sector would be an advantage.
- Day to day management of Naturewatch Foundation, Compassionate Shopping Guide and World Animal Day websites, including updating, monitoring and improving pages
- Design and build pages and forms for new campaign projects or content including e-actions
- Use Google Analytics to create reports and make recommendations
- Liaise with web developers to fix bugs or to implement new functions within CMS
- Research and liaise with website design agencies to oversee construction of new websites when required
- Undertake marketing initiatives and identify and develop new ideas into an effective marketing strategy
- Assist and support the production and dissemination of publications including fundraising mailings, the Annual Review, membership updates, and liaising with printers, mailing house, agencies and other third parties as necessary
- Maintain and sort supporter data to enable distribution of e-newsletters and printed mailings
- Take overall responsibility for the charity’s marketing calendar
- Assist with copywriting, proofing, tone of voice checks and branding across marketing materials
- Assist in coordinating the World Animal Day global movement
- Assist with office duties as needed; including coordinating volunteers, answering the phone and ensuring the office is manned as needed
- Monitor and record Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Be proactive, self-starting and able to act on own initiative where necessary
- Assist with managing and promoting occasional events
Experience and skills required:
- Sound knowledge of integrated websites and Customer Relationship Management systems (CRMs)
- Good track record of supporter/customer acquisition and retention
- Experience of designing creative, attractive and engaging web content
- Sound knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and AdWords
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Understanding and experience of website usability and accessibility best practice
- Relevant technical expertise and skills, including the use of Content Management Systems, HTML/CSS, and photo and video editing tools
- Experience of using website analytics to understand customer behaviour
- Ability to accurately summarise and convey complex information to a diverse audience
- Experience of project management to deliver successful digital solutions
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- A good understanding of issues around GDPR and data management
- Positive can-do attitude – able to work flexibly and cooperatively as part of a small team
- Excellent time management skills
- Willing to: cover annual leave for relevant roles and attend meetings/events when required; work overtime occasionally; carry out any other reasonable tasks asked of you; travel to office in central Cheltenham.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, including the information below:
- Please describe how your previous experience is relevant to this role? Why are you a good fit for this job?
- What about this role excites you and made you want to apply? Please describe your interest in working with us.
Closing Date: Sunday 17 January, although we may interview candidates that are a strong match before the closing date.