We are hiring - Animal Welfare Campaigner / Campaign Manager
Full-time or part-time permanent position.
Salary: Circa £27k per annum pro rata - depending on experience
Location: Flexible – office in Cheltenham but can be largely remote working
Closing date: 31st May 2021
Do you have passion for animals and enthusiasm for improving their lives?
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Naturewatch Foundation to lead and shape compelling campaigns utilising a full range of communication channels and campaigning techniques.
Will suit a confident, motivated and ambitious individual with a proven track record for delivering effective campaigns, ideally within the animal welfare sphere.
You will have proven experience of using policy, research, lobbying, public campaigning and media to influence the public, government and industry.
- Some experience in campaigning, lobbying and project managing
- Good communication skills - able to comfortably liaise with a wide range of people from supporters, journalists, to government officials
- Working knowledge of campaigning/marketing tools and social media channels as you will work with the Communications Coordinator and Marketing and Website Coordinator to create engaging content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in tailoring messages for different audiences
- Experience in researching and writing evidence-based reports
- Work with, and mentor, Campaigns Assistant to help shape your campaign projects
- Ready to handle sensitive, sometimes distressing information regarding animal welfare
- Ability to plan, prioritise, work under pressure and to deadlines
- Willing and able to manage volunteers to help support you in your role from time to time
- Hard working, motivated and with a can-do attitude
- Happy to travel to office in central Cheltenham (frequency negotiable), plus willingness to attend meetings and presentations elsewhere as necessary
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Commitment to the objectives of the charity
- Fundraising experience
- Passion for animals and enthusiasm for improving their lives
Please send your CV accompanied by a covering letter detailing relevant experience and skills, and stating why you want the position to: email@example.com
Read about our campaigns.