World Animal Day deserves a Google doodle
We’re calling on animal lovers everywhere to email Google, asking their talented team to create a doodle for World Animal Day 2019!
A Google doodle is a temporary alteration to Google's home page, usually celebrating holidays, events, birthdays or people.
We think that thousands of people working together to improve the lives of animals on October 4 is something to celebrate!
World Animal Day isn't a charity - it's an opportunity for YOU to raise funds or awareness for any animal welfare issue that you feel strongly about, including...
- Wild animals
- Farm and working animals
- Animals in entertainment (including tourism)
- Marine animals
- Companion animals/pets
- Animal experiments
Help us persuade the Google doodle team to create an amazing image for World Animal Day by supporting our campaign:
Some Google doodles are completed in a few hours, but others can take MONTHS to create, so please send your email TODAY!
Every day, 205 BILLION emails are sent around the world - make yours count!
Here are some points you could use in your email, in your own words...
- The Mission of World Animal Day is to raise the status of animals and improve welfare standards.
- World Animal Day was pioneered by Heinrich Zimmerman, the German writer and publisher of the magazine Mensch und Hund, who organised the first celebration in 1925. It was held on October 4 for the first time in 1929.
- World Animal Day unites the animal welfare movement, motivating animal lovers to do something special to highlight the importance of animals in the world.
- This special day is celebrated with an amazing variety of events in numerous countries, regardless of nationality, religion, faith or political ideology.
- Increased awareness and education will help create a new culture of respect and sensitivity, to make this world a fairer place for all living creatures.
- Currently, there are 93 voluntary World Animal Day Ambassadors encouraging participation in 73 countries around the world. Read what some of them have to say about World Animal Day.
- The creation of a beautiful Goodle doodle will highlight this special day, raising global awareness of the plight of animals.
The Google creative team receives hundreds of doodle requests every day. They might not respond directly to our emails, but wouldn't it be a fantastic surprise to wake up on October 4 and find a beautiful World Animal Day doodle on their home page?