You can help end cruel puppy farming today
Take Action to End Cruel Puppy Peddling
Over the past twelve months, great advances have been made to improve dog welfare in the UK following new regulations implemented on 1st October. In a further welcome step forward, the UK government has also consulted on banning commercial third-party sales of puppies and kittens in England. DEFRA is now analysing responses to the consultation which closed on 19 September 2018.
Naturewatch Foundation has urged the government to move forward with the ban with an accompanying puppy farming public information campaign. We want a UK wide ban and will continue to lobby for the ban of commercial third-party sales in Wales and Scotland.
There is much more to do in order to ban puppy farming for good including tackling illegal internet sales and unlicensed puppy farming. Naturewatch Foundation will continue to campaign to stamp out puppy farming for good!
Please continue to write to your MP and thank them for listening but to not lose sight of our campaign goal: the implementation of a third party ban.
- Listen out for friends or family who may be considering buying a puppy as a gift, and politely explain why this is not a good idea for the puppy or the gift recipient.
- Share our puppy farming campaign flyer as a conversation starter, or ask your local vet, pet groomer or local cafe if you can leave a few where potential puppy buyers might see them.
- Give a gift of hope. As a charity that exists entirely to help animals, donations are vital to ensure our ongoing investigations and campaigns expose and end animal cruelty.
- Share Harry’s story! Find out about his journey from puppy farm to a loving home.
- Adopt a rescue dog. Check out:
Puppy Farming Campaign Flyer