The aim of our training programme is to reduce victims of animal crime and bring suspected offenders to justice. To do this, we are assisting animal welfare groups, police, prosecutors and the municipality to work together to fight animal cruelty.
What have we achieved so far?
- To date, we’ve trained over 100 police officers of varying ranks in the cities of Kyiv, Mykolaiv, Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Dnipro and Kryvyi Rig.
- In Kyiv, our training is being disseminated to a further 2000 officers.
- We’ve also held seminars for municipalities and local NGOs in each of these cities, and presented at an Open Cages Conference in Kyiv.
What’s in the pipeline?
- We’ve a busy couple of years ahead with at least 12 cities in the queue to receive our training - that includes police, NGOs and municipalities!
- We’re also presenting at three prominent animal welfare events this year, and arranging to speak at others across Europe the year after.
- We're continuing to work with TV, radio and printed and online media across Ukraine to educate the police and the public about the link between animal abuse and human violence, and what they can do to stop it.
PLEASE MAKE A DONATION TODAY and join with us to make this pioneering project an even bigger success!
Ukraine is a vast country, around twice the size of the UK. It’s only your generosity that will enable us to reach police, NGOs and municipalities across all regions.
The more training courses we run, the more animal abusers will be brought before the courts. Ultimately, this means an increased number of animals will be saved from a life of abuse and suffering at the hands of criminals.