Make a difference - Join our team
Full-time, permanent position – 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £16,000 - £19,000
Closing date: Sunday 9th February
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Naturewatch Foundation to help shape compelling campaigns to improve the lives of animals.
This newly created position is ideal for a confident and motivated individual who is keen to gain experience in delivering effective campaigns. You will assist Campaign Managers in using policy, research, lobbying and public campaigning to influence the public, government and industry. An interest in animals and enthusiasm for improving their lives would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to comfortably liaise with a wide range of people from supporters, government officials and other key influencers
- Proven research experience
- Competent with Microsoft Office software
- Happy to handle sensitive, sometimes distressing information regarding animal welfare
- Good time management skills with the ability to plan, prioritise workloads, work quickly and accurately under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, and interact with colleagues in a helpful and supportive manner
- Hard-working, motivated and with a can-do attitude
- Happy to travel to office in central Cheltenham, plus willingness to attend meetings elsewhere as necessary
- Commitment to the objectives of the charity
- Agreeable to: attend events occasionally; work overtime when needed; carry out any other reasonable tasks asked of you
- Knowledge of campaigning and lobbying techniques
- Experience in using different communication channels for promotion of campaigns
- Creative copywriting experience
- Experience with using social media platforms
Please send your CV and covering letter outlining your relevant experience and skills and stating why you would like the position here.
Closing Date: Sunday 9th February, although we might interview candidates that are a strong match before the closing date.