Want to join our team?
We have an open position for an enthusiastic Communications Coordinator.
Part-time: 2 days/14 hours per week.
Salary: £23,000 per annum pro rata
Are you passionate about animal welfare and using communications to improve the lives of animals?
This is your chance to work for Naturewatch Foundation, a charity that’s been speaking out on behalf of animals for over 25 years.
We are seeking to recruit a part-time Communications Coordinator to support Campaign Managers in the strategic planning, creative development and implementation of our communications activities to increase awareness, understanding and support for our work improving the lives of animals.
Working alongside Campaign Managers, this new post will play a pivotal role in ensuring that campaigns, both nationally and internationally are promoted in an effective and impactful manner.
If this role excites you – please apply today!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute communications activity, including media, digital and developing creative assets
- Ensure that communication materials are created and developed as needed
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with media and stakeholders to increase public awareness of the charity’s work
- Raise the profile of Naturewatch Foundation and its animal welfare work using a full range of marketing techniques and channels in order to recruit new supporters and donors
- Passion for animals and enthusiasm for improving their lives
- At least 3-5 years previous communications experience, preferably in a campaigning environment or journalism
- Adept at using a range of different communication channels for promotion of campaigns, including website, direct mail, email and social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in tailoring messages for different audiences
- Proven experience with creating content for social media in a professional environment
- Experience in securing coverage with a range of media and handling media enquiries
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with design software, or ability to learn quickly, such as Adobe Creative Cloud
- A strong eye for detail and a creative mindset
- Hard working, motivated and with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to plan, prioritise, work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ready to handle sensitive, sometimes distressing information regarding animal welfare
- Commitment to the objectives of the charity
- A degree in Marketing, Media Studies or Communications
- Experience of using an email platform such as Vertical Response/AWeber
- Fundraising experience
- Experience engaging with and recruiting celebrity and other high profile supporters
Please send your CV accompanied by a covering letter detailing relevant experience and skills, and stating why you want the position.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 4th February 2018.
Naturewatch Foundation is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 1039679.