Naturewatch Foundation aims to prevent cruelty to animals through political lobbying and the publication and promotion of supporting documents and is also undertaking campaigns to educate and raise public awareness, providing support for the development of animal welfare standards, particularly in Eastern Europe.
As a charitable organisation, we have been actively campaigning for 20 years, throughout the UK and much of Europe in a number of sectors, including campaigns against puppy farming, the badger cull, badger baiting and animal experiments. We have also been active in a number of animal welfare and sterilisation projects throughout Europe, most notably in Ukraine, Bulgaria, Lithuania and Moldova.
Founded by John Ruane in 1991, Naturewatch Foundation operates from its head office in Cheltenham and has a number of high profile patrons, including Pollyanna Pickering, Chris Packham, Hayley Mills, and Wendy Turner-Webster.
For over 20 years the Naturewatch Compassionate Shopping Guide has been the definitive guide to cruelty free shopping for cosmetics, toiletries and household cleaning products. The 13th edition continues to highlight genuinely cruelty free companies, and also puts the spotlight on companies that continue to use newly-developed ingredients that have been tested on animals. In addition, Naturewatch campaigns against companies in these sectors who do not have Fixed Cut Off Date animal testing policies in place.
Key Facts and Figures
- Over 20 years of activity
- 7 Active Campaigns: Cruelty-free shopping, Boycott The Body Shop, Campaign against puppy farming, Stray dog welfare in Ukraine, Campaign against animal experiments, World Animal Day
- Currently working in Ukraine to improve stray animal welfare
- Currenlty promoting an education project throughout the whole of Ukraine in schools and universities that will contribute enormously to solving the stray dog problem.
- 13th Edition of the Compassionate Shopping Guide
- Actively campaigning and lobbying for legislative changes regarding breeding and selling of puppies.
- Our World Animal Day programme has 85 active Ambassadors working in 71 countries around the world.
Naturewatch Logos and Information
For further information relating to Naturewatch and the Naturewatch Foundation, details and photography of the campaigns that we have been involved in and our logos, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For all media enquiries, please contact Cristina on +44 (0)1242 252 871 or email@example.com
For all media enquiries, please contact Naturewatch Marketing Manager Cristina Popa on: telephone: +44 (0)1242 252 871 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Journalists are welcome to be added to our mailing list. Simply send us an email to email@example.com with your name, contact details including postal address and preferred email address so we can send you our regular campaign briefings.