Naturewatch Foundation is a registered charity that has been speaking out on behalf of animals for over 25 years by:
- Campaigning peacefully against animal abuse
- Lobbying to improve animal protection legislation
- Raising awareness through education
- Providing support for the development of animal welfare standards, particularly in Eastern Europe
- Co-ordinating the World Animal Day movement to raise the status of animals around the globe
Founded by John Ruane in 1991, Naturewatch Foundation operates from its head office in Cheltenham and has a number of high profile patrons: Rula Lenska, Hayley Mills, Chris Packham, Pollyanna Pickering, Anneka Svenska, Wendy Turner-Webster.
For 25 years our Compassionate Shopping Guide has been the definitive guide to cruelty free shopping for cosmetics, toiletries and household cleaning products. The 14th edition continues to highlight genuinely cruelty free companies, and also puts the spotlight on companies that continue to use newly-developed ingredients that have been tested on animals.
Key Facts and Figures
Over 25 years of activity
- 7 Active Campaigns
- Cruelty-free shopping – 14th edition of the Compassionate Shopping Guide.
- Badger Baiting in the UK – We aim to end badger baiting, sett digging, illegal lamping, killing and other acts of cruelty towards badgers involving the use of dogs.
- Puppy farming – Actively campaigning and lobbying for legislative changes regarding breeding and selling of puppies.
- Animal experiments – Main focus - The Secrecy Clause, Section 24 of the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 - UK ban on testing ingredients use in household products on animals.
- Stray dog welfare in Ukraine – manage and reduce stray dog populations humanely and sustainably, raise animal welfare standards in municipal shelters, promote adoption of stray dogs, promote pet sterilisation and responsible pet ownership.
- Education in Ukraine – As well as rescuing and treating abandoned animals, it’s also very important that the root of the problem is addressed through education.
- World Animal Day – This global movement is proudly co-ordinated by Naturewatch Foundation to raise the status of animals and has 93 active Ambassadors working in 73 countries around the world.
Naturewatch Foundation Logos and Information
For further information relating to Naturewatch Foundation, details and photography of the campaigns that we have been involved in and our logos, please contact email@example.com
For all media enquiries, please contact Cristina on +44 (0)1242 252 871 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For all media enquiries, please contact Naturewatch Marketing Manager Cristina Popa on: telephone: +44 (0)1242 252 871 or email: email@example.com.
Journalists are welcome to be added to our mailing list. Simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact details including postal address and preferred email address so we can send you our regular campaign briefings.