Find out more about our current campaigns
Over the past 25 years, Naturewatch Foundation has developed a wide range of sustainable animal welfare projects in several countries both in the UK and throughout the world.
We are working on over seven active campaigns:
- Badger Baiting in the UK – We aim to end badger baiting, sett digging, illegal lamping, killing and other acts of cruelty towards badgers involving the use of dogs.
- Puppy farming – Actively campaigning and lobbying for legislative changes regarding the breeding and selling of puppies.
- Animal experiments – We’re focusing on urging the government to: end the secrecy surrounding animal experiments by repealing section 24 of the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 - the so-called 'Secrecy Clause', and; ban the testing of ingredients used in household cleaning products on animals.
- Cruelty-free shopping – Encourage the public to lead a cruelty-free lifestyle. Our Compassionate Shopping Guide is currently in its 14th edition.
- Stray dog welfare in Ukraine – Working with governments and other organisations to manage and reduce stray dog populations humanely and sustainably; raise animal welfare standards in municipal shelters; encourage adoption of stray dogs and cats, and; promote pet sterilisation and responsible pet ownership.
- Stop Animal Abuse - We’ve teamed up with Hidden-in-Sight to bring professional training to Ukrainian Police on how to fight animal abuse and why it’s important. We also work with animal groups, teaching them new tools in understanding how to negotiate reporting cases to the police to achieve the best outcome for abused animals.
- Education in Ukraine – As well as rescuing and treating abandoned animals, it’s also very important that the root of the problem is addressed through education. With the support of our two Ukraine representatives, we have developed and launched a nationwide education programme.
- World Animal Day – This global movement is proudly coordinated by Naturewatch Foundation to raise the status of animals and has over 90 active Ambassadors working around the world.